1.1 Acceptance of Terms
1.2 User Agreement
1.3 User Registration
You shall not
● Select or use as a Username a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
● Use as a World Book Username a name subject to any rights of a person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization;
● Use as a Username a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
1.4 Account Ownership
World Book reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a World Book Username or account. You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your World Book password. You shall never use another user’s account without such user’s express permission. You will immediately notify World Book in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account-related security breach of which you are aware. Although World Book will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of World Book or others due to unauthorized use.
1.5 User Eligibility
Users of World Book must be age of fourteen (14) years or older. As a user of World Book, you represent and warrant
● That all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful;
● That your use of the Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
World Book may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.
1.6 Payment Terms
Access to the Service, or to certain features of the Service, may require you to pay fees. Before you pay any fees, you will have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged. All fees are in U.S. dollars, GBP and are non-refundable.fits.
World Book reserves the right to determine pricing for the Service. World Book will make reasonable efforts to keep pricing information published on the website up to date. We encourage you to check our website periodically for current pricing information. World Book may change the fees for any feature of the Service, including additional fees or charges, if World Book gives you advance notice of changes before they apply. World Book, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different pricing to any of World Book’s customers. These promotional offers, unless made to you, will not apply to your offer or these Terms.
World Book will charge the payment method you specify at the time of purchase. You authorize World Book to charge to that payment method all sums for orders that you make and any level of Service you select as described in these Terms or published by the Company. If you pay any fees with a credit card, World Book may seek pre-authorization of your credit card account prior to your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your purchase. Payment processing services are provided by the third-party service through which the purchase is made (e.g., Apple In-App Purchases, Google Play, PayPal).
1.9 Website Updates
Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. World Book may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
1.10 Personal Use
World Book is for the personal use of its users only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by World Book. You shall not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including authors' names. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the website. World Book does not offer technical support for any third party software.
1.11 General Use of Website
World Book hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that
● You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Website, including but not limited to User Submissions (defined below), without World Book 's prior written authorization.
● You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Website.
● You agree not to access User Submissions (defined below) or World Book’s Content through any technology or means other than the Website itself.
● You agree not to use the Website for any commercial use, without the prior written authorization of World Book. Prohibited commercial uses include any of the following actions taken without World Book's express approval
sale of access to the Website or its related services on another website;
use of the Website or its related services for the primary purpose of gaining advertising or subscription revenue;
advertising sales on World Book or any third-party website, targeted to the content of specific User Submissions or World Book’s Content; and
any use of the Website or its related services that World Book finds, in its sole discretion, to use World Book 's resources or User Submissions with the effect of competing with or displacing the market for World Book, World Book’s Content, or its User Submissions.
● You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the World Book’s servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, World Book grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. World Book reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
● You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Website (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes.
● You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their User Submissions.
In your use of the Website, you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, World Book’s guidelines or code of conducts, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
World Book reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time.
All trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names, which include “World Book” and the “World Book” logo, (collectively, “Trademarks”) displayed on the Website or Service are registered or unregistered Trademarks of World Book, its partners and/or others, and may not be used unless authorized by the Trademark owner. All Trademarks not owned by World Book that appear on the Website or Service, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website.
2.0 Copyright Policy
World Book shall have its absolute discretion to implement and revise its copyright policy from time to time without consent of any user. In the event that a user has been determined to have infringed, World Book may terminate user access to the Website without prior notice. Please note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content. You must have a belief that such content that you have seen on World Book infringes your copyright. Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.
If you find any content in our Website infringe your works, you may file a copyright infringement notification in form and in substance as below to us:
To report an infringement or violation of terms, email us and use this format
Subject: Attn: Copyright Infringement Notification / From: [Full name] [email address] / Date: [Day/Month]
Copyright Infringement Notification
1. I, [full name] hereby confirm that the story highlighted below infringes my copyright.[state the details of the story or article…etc.]
2. Copyright of my work is governed by the law of [name of a country].
3. I include the title of the content concerned and the full URL of its page as follows:[insert URL]
4. I believe that [the text is copied, the entire story is a copy of an original work of mine, etc.]
5. The content of (e.g. an article, a drama, a book, a short story, a poem, etc.) and details of (e.g. title, publisher, dates, ISBN etc.) the copyright work is an infringement of my copyrighted work.
6. Optional: Here is a live on the Internet for your reference: [insert hyperlink]
7. Here is my email address: [email] At this address to contact me.
8. Here is my email address: [email] for the submitter of the content concerned to contact me and to resolve my complaint directly.
9. In good faith, I believe that use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law.
10. I swear and affirm that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right by law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.
Signature: [Full, Legal name]
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other World Book users. World Book reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other World Book users.
2.2 Warranty and Condition Disclaimer
You agree that your use of the website shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, World Book, its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties and conditions, whether written, oral, express, implied, legal, statutory, contractual, extra-contractual, edictal or in tort, and whether arising by law, statute, usage of trade, custom, course of dealing or performance, or the parties' conduct or communication with one another, or as a result of the nature of these terms and conditions, the website and your use thereof or in conformity with usage, equity or law or otherwise. World Book makes no warranties, conditions or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the website's content or the content of any sites linked to this website and assumes no liability or responsibility for
● any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content,
● personal injury, property, bodily, moral or material damage of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the website,
● any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein,
● any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the website,
● any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the website by any third party,
● any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via this website.
World Book expressly disclaims any warranty or condition of any kind of fitness for a particular or general purpose, quality, merchantability, workmanship, non-infringement, or title and ownership. World Book does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the World Book website or any hyperlinked the website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and World Book will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the provisions of the United Nations convention on contracts for the international sale of goods are hereby disclaimed.
2.3 Limitation of Liability
In no event shall World Book, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any
● errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content,
● personal injury, property, bodily, moral or material damage of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of World Book website,
● any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein,
● any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from World Book website,
● any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party,
● any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the World Book website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether arising by law, statute, usage of trade, custom, course of dealing or performance, or the parties' conduct or communication with one another, or as a result of the nature of these terms and conditions or in conformity with usage, equity or law or otherwise, and whether or not the company is advised of the possibility of such damages.
The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. You specifically acknowledge that World Book shall not be liable for user submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
2.4 Website Availability
World Book makes no representations that World Book Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations other than in Hong Kong. Those who access or use the World Book Website from other jurisdictions (countries) do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
2.5 Third Party Websites
2.6 Links from the Website to Third Party Websites
2.7 Links to the Website from Third Party Websites
You agree that if you include a link from any other website to the Website, such link shall open in a new browser window and shall link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of the Website. You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Website, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another website. You agree not to link from any other website to the Website in any manner such that the Website, or any page of the Website, is “framed,” surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to revoke your right to link to the Website from any other website at any time. You agree to discontinue any link to the Website, when and as requested by World Book.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless World Book, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) arising from
● Your use of and access to the World Book Website;
● Your violation of any term of these Terms of Service;
● Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, intellectual property, or privacy right;
● Any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the World Book Website.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by World Book without restriction.
3.0 General User Terms
You agree that
● the World Book Website shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over World Book, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than World Book.
Unless prohibited by law, these Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of World Book, without respect to its conflict of laws principles.
Unless prohibited by law, any claim or dispute between you and World Book that arises in whole or in part from the World Book Website shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice and any other legal notices published by World Book on Website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and World Book concerning the World Book Website. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such a provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and World Book’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or provision. World Book reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the World Book Website following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AND World Book AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE World Book WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.